PAPER CODE: - ECO-111- AOP- S (ALL BATCHES)
1 – SEMESTER END EXAMINATIONS – MARCH – 2014
I- B.COM – BUSINESS ECONOMICS
Time: 3 Hrs Max Marks: 100
SECTION – A Pass Mark: 35
I) Answer the following 5 X 16 = 80 M
- a) Explain the law of diminishing marginal utility and write the importance of the law.
b) Write about the importance and limitations of deductive and inductive methods.
- a) What is law of demand and explain the exceptions to the law of demand.
b) What is elasticity of demand and how we can measure it.
- a) What is perfect competition and how the price and out put are determined under perfect competition.
b) Explain the types and price determination under discriminating monopoly
- a) Explain the law of variable proportions with suitable diagram.
b) Write about the features and price determination under monopolistic competition.
- a) What is oligopoly and explain the price determinations under oligopoly.
b) What is elasticity of supply and write about the types of elasticity of supply with suitable diagrams.
SECTION – B
Answer the following 10 x 2 = 20 M
- Macro Economics
- Ordinal utility
- Material welfare
- Cross elasticity of demand
- Production function
- Circulating capital
- Fixed cost
- Marginal cost
- Price discrimination
- According to the passage, when do you think students would be getting ready for the exams?
- What constitutes your notes?
- When should you review your notes? How does it help you?
- The author says, “ a few minutes of careful planning and study can save hours of wasted time”. He means ___________
- Before answering the question what is a student expected to do?
- What should you do, once you are through the exam?
- State whether the following statement is true or false___
- What are the characteristics of a successful person?
- When should a student start answering his / her questions?
- Find the phrase in the passage which means “to be prepared and able to do it”.
- His _____________ paid off, he won the contract.
- I resented his ______________
- A degree of ___________ is inevitable while noting the temperature.
- An ____________ of the new document has been made public today.
- India had ___________ rainfall in 2010.
- for _____________ reasons, he needs to find work soon.
- The ____________ printed in U.S currency is “In god we Trust”.
- He delivered a series of ___________ on literature.
- I believe that we will ____________ fear in the end.
- He was _____________ self – confident at the interview.
- You are at an old fort, at a height, with your friends. One of them has a binocular. You want to borrow it to be able to see the distant places. Which of the following will you say to our friends? ____________________
- How would you apologies to your friend for your inability to go with her for shopping?
- You meet your friend, Rakesh at the theatre. You greet him, saying:
- How would you introduce the chief guest to the audience on college day celebrations?
- Complete this dialogue
- You are a stranger to Hyderabad. You wish to find an ATM counter of Andhra Bank nearby. How will you ask a stranger on the road?
- Your class begins at 9;30 a.m and you are late to class due to traffic jam. How will you apologise to your teacher for coming late to class?
- You are in the class. Your pen runs out of ink. You would like to use your friend’s pen. What will you say to him?
- You find your younger brother playing with a knife. How will you warn him against it and persuade him to give the knife to you?
- Prakash is writing an examination in Mathematics. He wishes to take his calculator into the examination hall. Which of the following will he say to the invigilator:
PAPER CODE : AEN-111 ( ALL BATCHES )
OLD QUESTION PAPERS
OLD QUESTION PAPERS 2013